Sons of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sons of Anarchy

Home of the Sons of Anarchy, a brotherhood of hell-raisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Club Reaper! Home of the Sons of Anarchy: SWTOR. If you want to join the crew, register as a Hang-Around and jump into the Club. FEAR THE REAPER!

Facts about SW:TOR

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

Facts about SW:TOR Empty
PostSubject: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:36 pm

*Note: This is currently at work in progress, I'll flush out the structure, format, and details as time goes on.
*Note: I will be sticking to what has been confirmed by the admins on the forums, and if I feel something needs to be said that's speculation I'll note it to be such.

Star Wars: The Old Republic
(Confirmed Information)

Allegiances:

The Sith Empire
The Galactic Republic
  • "There will be NO switching of factions with TOR's release" - Sean Dahlberg
  • "Second, no story content would ever cross factions. Star Wars is a story about good and evil -- it simply doesn’t make sense to have Jedi and Sith doing the same quests, answering the same calls to adventure, etc." - Dan Erickson

Speculation:
  • There may be the ability to switch factions after TOR's release (i.e. it may come out in a later patch)
  • There may be the ability to become neutral and not side with either faction (unknown if planned for TOR's release or for a later patch)

Classes (Sith):

Imperial Agent
Sith Inquisitor
Bounty Hunter
Sith Warrior

Planets:
  • "One of the real things we wanted to show at GDC this year is that our worlds are huge, actually. They are giant, you can explore. They are massive. You can just wander off one direction and go forever." - Daniel Erickson

Korriban
Tython
Hutta
Ord Mantell
Coruscant
Balmorra
Alderaan
Tatooine
Dromund Kaas
Taris
Belsavis
Voss
Hoth

Servers:
  • PvE servers are confirmed if you do not want to PvP, thus confirming that there should be PvP servers
  • Whether or not there will be RP servers has yet to be confirmed

Speculation:
Types of servers that will be available
PvE
PvP
RP-PvE
RP-PvP

Seperated by
Time zone and/or County

Crafting:
  • Currently nothing has been confirmed as to how crafting will play a role in the game, all we know is that there will be crafting in some form
  • Cross-faction trading has yet to be confirmed or denied, there are hopes for it though
  • Question: “Hey, if I’m really into more the crafting, harvesting, auction house type of gameplay, are you going to support that?” Answer: "Absolutely" - Blaine Christine
  • "Crafting is another area where we’ve talked a lot about community. The systems design team is not satisfied with some other crafting systems that we’ve seen, where many players craft almost exclusively for themselves. We’ve spent quite a bit of time discussing how to ensure that crafters – true dedicated crafters – can make a name for themselves and be important in their community. " - Damion Schubert

Speculation:
  • The general feelings on the forums is that there should be multiple professions within the game, each specializing in a certain area

These areas would most likely be
Weapons
Armor
Upgrades (scopes, underlays, hilts)
Consumables (med-packs, stimulants)

Flash-Points / Raiding:
  • From the Developer Walkthrough we have learned there will be Flash-Point type instances with at least two people able to enter
  • Since the devs themselves have opened up threads for guild recruitment which mention raiding we can assume there will be raiding
  • Some, though perhaps not all, flash-points will be able to be repeated

Speculation:
Flash-Points
  • Maximum of 2-5 people depending on what the devs decide is the most a flash-point can handle while maintaining the ability to control the story line

Raiding
  • Anywhere from 8-40 people is guessed
  • There is skepticism on the forums about the likelihood of "boss" units in raids, as unlike other mmorpgs it makes little sense for there to be any one unit it takes 8-40 people to kill other than the occasional Rancor-type huge beast

PvP:
  • "We're going to have open world PvP, As for the more structured PvP, I can't going into details but we will have it"-James Olhen
  • Confirmed that if you don't want to pvp in TOR, you don't have to
  • There will be battlegrounds

Speculation:
  • "Structured PvP" may either mean just the battlegrounds which are instanced or various space / planet battles between the two factions which occur at specific times
  • Battleground size has not been established yet

Weapons:
  • At this time we only have concept art for the weapons, no stats or damage is known

Types
Blaster
Blaster Rifle
Sniper Rifle
Single-Bladed Lightsaber
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Speculation:
  • Though yet to be seen it is possible there will be non-lightsaber melee weapons in the game (vibro-blades, stun batons)
  • The ability to upgrade your weapons with scopes, different crystals, etc. is likely though yet confirmed

Armor:
  • Armor appearances currently appear to be based off class type, as well as armor type
  • Stats seen on the character sheet during demos of TOR are: Cunning, Presence, Willpower, Strength, Agility, Accuracy, Absorb percentage (Armor Value), and Armor Rating (it should be noted that these are not final)

Armor Appearances
Inquisitor Robes
Agent Outfit
Warrior Armor
Bounty Hunter Armor

Speculation:
  • Allowing each class access to Light, Medium, and Heavy armor has been talked about, though the advantage / disadvantage of each has yet to be revealed
  • Over-laying robes which cover your armor have been talked about
  • The ability to upgrade your current armor is likely, though this has yet to be confirmed

Species:
  • There will be multiple playable species in game, what these will be is currently unknown
  • Each species, playable or not, seen in the game will have multiple variations and expressions

Speculation:
  • There is the possibility of different species for each class, or the limiting of each species to certain classes

Companions:
  • There will be companions you can summon and dismiss in the game
  • The purpose of these companions is to eliminate the need for having to look for certain types of classes for a flash-point, i.e. if you're a ranged class, it would be beneficial to have a melee companion for your enemies to focus on, allowing for you to remain at range
  • Companions are optional, and you can only have one summoned at a time
  • Exactly what species / types of companions will be available is unknown, though some have been revealed (Droids, Dashade, Kaleesh, to name a few). All we know is that there will be many different ones to choose from
  • It appears you can customize the appearance of your companion, and perhaps direct it to some extent, but you will not be able to take control of it such as you were able to swap between party members in KOTOR

General Gameplay Information:
  • Lightsabers will be able to deflect blaster bolts
  • Currently there is the option to Walk, Run, and Sprint
  • Characters can jump
  • If you die in the game you will have the option to rez at a Med Center
  • All classes will heal when out of combat or have the ability to
  • Healing, and / or having a healer in the group, will not be required in TOR
  • There will be the ability to call a shuttle to take you back to a "home point" which you set in game
  • The designers are working to give players a deep story-line type game-play while allowing for off-the-beaten-path experiences by opening up entire worlds to explore

TOR Release Information:
  • EA has confirmed that Star Wars: The Old Republic won't hit the market until after March 31, 2011 Sad (Source)

"We get no satisfaction out of not telling our community about elements of The Old Republic... in fact, the team would love to talk more about the game. But, the fact of the matter is we've all seen what has happened when something is announced and then drastically changed before release. Anyone who's followed MMOs before can probably think of a few examples.

What we're doing instead is waiting till things are fairly solid and then giving you information about the systems then. We've already stated that the game is not mostly instanced, that we will have PvP, economy systems, etc. What everyone wants is the specifics, though. And when we get to the right point, we'll share them with everyone. In the meanwhile, we ask that everyone bear with us until we get to that point." - Sean Dahlberg

"One thing to remember is the game is currently a work-in-progress. All screenshots released are not representative of the final product." - Brian Arndt

"Hey everyone,
Don't mean to sound like a broken record but our initial announcement of our target launch window still holds true. While we have not announced a specific date, we can confirm that we are targeting a spring 2011 release for Star Wars™️: The Old Republic™️." - Sean Dahlberg

*Any comments, etc. about the above should of course be posted in this thread
*If you feel I have made an error or have left out some valuable information please post it and I'll add / change this post accordingly as I plan on updating this post often
*Please link a source for any info you'd like to be added if possible, or just say it's speculation if you want it added as such.

Last edited by Syanus on Fri May 21, 2010 11:14 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Update:
--Changed the format to centered, 'cause I think it looks better
--Added new information to several sections
--Added new sections:
  • Weapons
  • Armor
  • Species
  • Companions
  • General Gameplay Information
Back to top Go down
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Update:
--Added the Tor Release Information section, including a quote from Sean Dahlberg about why we know so little at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
Cage
President
President
Cage

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm pinning this topic in the Club Lounge, bro. This is fantastic shit!
Back to top Go down
https://soator.forumotion.com
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:16 pm

Thanks Ry'.

School is being a bitch this week, which is why I haven't been around much. I'll be around this weekend though.

Haven't seen anything major released this week, so nothing new for the thread at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Jester
SoA Supporter
SoA Supporter
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:59 pm

Prospect! Props on all the extremely solid intel!

Kinda pissed about the 2011 release date! But that gives us some time to nail shit down within the club and we can speculate for fun till we have an actual game to talk about.

Good work dude!
Back to top Go down
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:00 pm

New quote under crafting I think everyone should be quite pleased with Cool
Back to top Go down
Malecus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Malecus

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Yeah, I was happy when I read that in the blog this morning, good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tyko
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Tyko

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:28 pm

this is great shit man. lots of info many people would have over looked had you not made this thread.
Back to top Go down
Tyko
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Tyko

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:17 pm

the release date is hard to find the exact day or month but heres what some sources say:
IGN says: "Star Wars: The Old Republic, is currently scheduled for release in October 2010. "
Gamespot says: " Q2 2011"
gamespy says: "TBA 2011 (US)"
mmosite says: "set to launch the closed beta test in spring of 2011."
Thats all the dates I could find if anyone can find more than please post them
Back to top Go down
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Entire new planet! Voss

Looks like a cool place, and it's also another contested world... I see PvP possibilities
Back to top Go down
Jester
SoA Supporter
SoA Supporter
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:05 pm

Voss sounds like a really badass place!

and I agree Prospect, I see mega PvP possibilities here. and hopefully the Voss Mystics will be around as bots or something to speak to and get some pretty decent dialogue from.

I thought Star Wars was a pretty concrete thing, yet SWTOR throws a new planet at you!! NICE!

again, good job on all of this stuff Prospect!
Back to top Go down
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:49 am

Haven't had any content to add to this thread lately, but while poking around the developer blogs I found a new quote for the Allegiances section, and also I don't think I ever mentioned adding the quote of Sean confirming on the forums that they are shooting for a spring '11 release date.

It should be noted that while they are saying there will be no storyline crossing between The Empire and The Republic, i.e. no quests, instances, raids, etc. which involve both factions, they have yet to say anything about the amount of cross-faction communication or trading that will be allowed.
Back to top Go down
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:16 am

New planet today! Hoth!

This bring the total planet number up to 13, woot, and more on the way I would guess Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cage
President
President
Cage

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:28 am

THIS IS GOING TO BE TOTALLY EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://soator.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facts about SW:TOR   Facts about SW:TOR I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Facts about SW:TOR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sons of Anarchy :: General Discussion :: Club Lounge :: Star Wars: The Old Republic Discussion-
Jump to: