Sons of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sons of Anarchy

Home of the Sons of Anarchy, a brotherhood of hell-raisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Club Reaper! Home of the Sons of Anarchy: SWTOR. If you want to join the crew, register as a Hang-Around and jump into the Club. FEAR THE REAPER!

What class do you prefer?

Go down 
+8
Joxxer
Silis
Jester
Tyko
Malecus
Erebos
Cage
Syanus
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

What class do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:03 am

I know the game's a long ways away, but the classes are announced! Very Happy
I say the discussion about which class each of us likes best should open up now Razz

General info about each class:
Bounty Hunter: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=95752
Imperial Agent: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=92444
Sith Inquisitor: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=97063
Sith Warrior: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=96502
(Notice I only posted Sith here, 'cause of the choice announced to be Sith aligned)

Sooo... on to what I think of each class.

Imperial Agent (my personal fav)
Likes: I've always preferred a ranged class in rpg games, and love the general concept behind the Agent with the whole infiltration and execution.
Dislikes: Only concern is how they'll fare in melee. I really hope there's not the accuracy (I think it was accuracy in KOTOR? o_O ) debuff for being in melee range with a gun, if I remember it was some increased chance to miss or something... which would suck in TOR.

Sith Inquisitor (second fav)
Likes: Lightning! There's the whole "ooohhh... shiny @.@ " factor about them with all the impressive force powers. That and they'll have healing capabilities (weird for a Sith but okay o_O ) and I generally enjoy the healing roles in mmos.
Dislikes: I suspect that if they ever run out of force points or are caught off-guard they will be very very squishy.

Bounty Hunter (3rd, and bland imo )
Likes: Yay rockets and flamethrowers, but the whole dual wielding pistols and going in with guns blazing just isn't me.
Dislikes: What if you throw water on em? All those electronic gadgets will zap em! lol, jk. Not really any dislikes, except the having to get in close with guns thing... just not a class I see myself playing.

Sith Warrior (Ewww... )
Likes: Umm... they hit hard? I think? Wooo tanking t(-.-t)
Dislikes: Melee class. Action Point based combat system. Yuck, if you've ever played WoW this is basically what a WoW-Warrior has... certain moves generate action points (including being hit if the trailers are something to go by), and then other moves use those points. I just don't like that system... I feel it limits what moves you can use at any given time. If that's your thing though go at it Razz
Back to top Go down
Cage
President
President
Cage

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:51 am

At this point, i'm still having PTSD from all the glow-sticks in SWG lol Gotta go with ma boy Boba and strap on that jetpack Razz'

Btw, love the avatar lol
Back to top Go down
https://soator.forumotion.com
Erebos
SoA Supporter
SoA Supporter
Erebos

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:56 am

Bounty Hunter is my favorite, BH was one of the first professions i did when i was playing swg, sith warrior just because i would rather use a lightsaber then be a lightning whore lol get in up and close for the kill Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Malecus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Malecus

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Not quite sure yet, but I see myself going bounty hunter. Pew pew?
Back to top Go down
Tyko
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Tyko

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:31 pm

I"m thinking about the Inquisitor or the agent. unless the warrior gets a double sided blade then I'm going warrior.
Back to top Go down
Jester
SoA Supporter
SoA Supporter
Jester

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:46 pm

I like Inquisitor or Agent as well

love the prospect of being Sith "Jedi" but the sound of "Sith Agent" sounds Stealthy and secretive as all shit and that sounds badass

and the prospect of being a Bounty Hunter is always f*ckin' cool
Back to top Go down
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:53 pm

Ry' wrote:
Btw, love the avatar lol
Thanks Smile

Tyko wrote:
I"m thinking about the Inquisitor or the agent. unless the warrior gets a double sided blade then I'm going warrior.
Yep, warriors will be able to use a single blade, dual one-handed blades, or the epic double blade like Darth Maul. I suspect warrior specializations (talent trees or whatever they are... they've been vague as to these so far ) will be either focusing on single bladed so you can be all samurai, or double bladed (which is far more win imo)
Back to top Go down
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Semi-off topic win:

http://www.dreossk.com/swtor-fr/MMO_Stupidity/crossfactioncommunication01.jpg

Subject of the thread I found it in: Cross-faction communication

Thread (has a poll): http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=77752 (page 59 is where the link above is from, also where I put my comments on the subject)
Back to top Go down
Silis
Outsider

PostSubject: Imperial Agent all the way   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:29 pm

Second would be BH though.
Back to top Go down
Cage
President
President
Cage

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Silis wrote:
Second would be BH though.

Second to what?
Back to top Go down
Silis
Outsider

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:11 am

Second to Imperial Agent(I didn't know the subject had such small letters)
Back to top Go down
Joxxer
Prospect
Prospect
Joxxer

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:12 pm

BH BH BH!!!!!, i was BH through most of my lifespan in SWG and i swore that if another Star Wars mmo came out, Darken Rahl (my bh's name) would be reborn. Aent looks pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Seems we're going to be heavy on bounty hunters and lacking on warriors o.O

But they've said that they're not going to make it so you have to have every class to do stuff like instances and raids, so that's not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Joxxer
Prospect
Prospect
Joxxer

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:27 pm

eh who knows, might go sith warrior, still alot of time before launch
Back to top Go down
RayneXentan
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
RayneXentan

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Well considering i'm gonna play all classes (republic/empire, for story purposes, but the SI's gonna be my main) , i did like a top 4 : SI, SW, BH and then the smuggler. And nice name for you're character ,Joxxer, on which server did you play ?
Back to top Go down
Joxxer
Prospect
Prospect
Joxxer

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Ahazi
Back to top Go down
Malecus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Malecus

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm looking at SI for my main.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Prospect
Prospect
Ash

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Sith Warrior: Really just because i like to Tank, but i might check out the Bounty Hunter too....
Back to top Go down
leto
Prospect
Prospect
leto

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:06 pm

Said it before, I wanna be fucking sneaky. Imp Agent.
Back to top Go down
Malecus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Malecus

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:51 pm

I can no longer decide between the 4.
Back to top Go down
Goonther
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Goonther

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:55 am

I got to say i narrowed it down to two classes, i'm either thinking about being the IA or the BH but can pick between those two, any ideas on which one is better?
Back to top Go down
Cage
President
President
Cage

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:26 pm

it all comes down to what you wanna do. if you wanna be a badass guy with lots of gadgets, either one is good. i think the agent hangs to the back a little more and is more of a support class than the BH.
Back to top Go down
Tyko
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Tyko

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:15 pm

but the agent also has vibro -blades and stealth tech
Back to top Go down
Malecus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Malecus

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 pm

I'll probably go a imperial agent. I'm interested in playing a stealth/healer hybrid. I think if done right it could be an amazing solo and group pvp class.
Back to top Go down
Tyko
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Tyko

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:51 pm

That's what I was thinking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What class do you prefer?   What class do you prefer? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What class do you prefer?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next