Sons of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sons of Anarchy

Home of the Sons of Anarchy, a brotherhood of hell-raisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Club Reaper! Home of the Sons of Anarchy: SWTOR. If you want to join the crew, register as a Hang-Around and jump into the Club. FEAR THE REAPER!

Crafting information

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Malecus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Malecus

Crafting information Empty
PostSubject: Crafting information   Crafting information I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Stole this from the swtor site, pretty good stuff so far, just for anyone who hasn't read it.

* Only Jedi/Sith craft Ligtsabers, not the companions - Bioware
* Quote Daniel: The general approach is that once you learn a recipe, you know it. There may be exceptions - Darth Hater
* Some resources may be only available on certain planets - Darth Hater
* Quote Daniel: The part that is not terribly exciting is standing in one spot and watching a progress bar over and over and over again. And that's literally all that we removed - Massively
* If you are either a Solo'er or in a large guild you can become a top Master Crafter, but of course the person in the large guild has a lot of help - Massively
* Crafting is based on time invested more than XP level. Do not expect to decide to become a Master Crafter over a weekend, it will not happen - Torocast
* Master Crafters will be able to craft some of the best items in game - Torocast
* Some recipes will be limited per server to make them rare - Torocast
* You will be able to brand your crafted items so people know who made it. - Torocast
* Quote: "No, you the player cannot craft currently - which is to say you cannot choose to watch the progress bar fill up yourself". You tell your companions to do it and they will - Dev Comment
* Quote from Damion: "It's worth noting that we really want the system to support the casual crafter (the guy who is taking crafting largely to outfit himself while levelling up) and the devoted crafter (the guy who wants to be known as the best Armormech in the galaxy)" - Dev Comment
* You, via your crew skills, can have a maximum of three skills only one of which can be crafting. So you could have a mission skill, gathering and crafting or two gathering and one crafting etc - Dev Comment
* If you wish to do the harvesting/gathering yourself you can. Its not limited to your companions - Crafting Video
* The skills your companions will have will be split into three groups: Gathering, Crafting, and Missions. - Darth Hater
* Crafting missons can take between 5mins to 24hrs long there is a cost to do each misson. - ChronicReload
* Quote: I will just say there are some mechanics to it that will allow players who are more involved in crafting to really get deeply involved in crafting and be appropriately rewarded for it." - Darth Hater
* Quote Blaine: It doesn't make sense for Darth Vader to skin womp rats for a new pair of boots in between conquering worlds "You are the hero," says Christine. "You make your crew work for you." - Gamespot

Crafting Crew Abilities/Function - Crew Skills Overview Page

* Crafting in TOR will use a Crew, Companion, Skill crafting system. Using their ship as a base of operations, players will be able to send their companions on crafting tasks - Darth Hater
* If you found two gathering nodes near each other you could harvest one and your companion could do the other at the same time - Darth Hater
* Your crew does not have skills themselves. The crew skills they can use are based on the crafting skills your main character has. - Darth Hater
* The maximum number of crew that can perform any crafting skill, at one time, is 5. Any others spare could be doing missons, gathering or travelling with the main character - Darth Hater
* Certain companions will be better at some crafting group than others, for example Vette, a pirate and companion to the Sith Warrior, will excel at Treasure Hunting. - Darth Hater
* Your companions can also be given missions on the fly, and even while players are away from their ship. They can also operate while your offline - Darth Hater
* Only companions you have left on board your ship can perform any crafting actions. The ones you group with to fight etc can only perform gathering tasks - Darth Hater
* While out adventuring if you see a crafting node instead of player character going to mine it you can send your companion to do it for you - Darth Hater
* Quote: Currently, you can recall your companion at any time from a mission. You lose any progress he has made, as well as any upfront costs, but he returns immediately - Bioware
* Quote: You can also have a companion stop crafting an item at any time. In that case, you lose no materials (but all progress will be lost). - Bioware
* Quote: Players who choose Armstech as their crafting skill will be able to create a wide range of blaster pistols, blaster rifles, sniper rifles, and assault cannons. - Bioware
* Quote: Players can issue crafting orders to up to five companions at a time, and each companion can add up to five crafting tasks to their queue. - Bioware
* Quote: Companions with high affection will have their ability to perform crafting tasks greatly improved. For example, a companion with high affection can craft items faster - Bioware
* Quote: "Though companions are vital to The Old Republic and the Crew Skills system, we do know that some players want to be the primary crafter for all their crafted items", "It is worth noting players will definitely need to be directly involved in the process when learning rare schematics - Bioware

The following crafting types are the ones revealed so far:

* Gathering Skills include:

Bioanalysis – The practice of collecting genetic material from creatures and plants
Scavenging – The art of recovering useful materials and parts from old or damaged technology
Slicing – A skill in accessing secured computer systems and lockboxes to acquire valuable data and rare schematics

* Crafting Skills include:

Armormech – the ability to work with hard metals and electronic shielding to construct all types of personal armor
Armstech - Armstech is the ability to work with hard metals, alloys, and synthetic materials to craft blasters.

There are three quality levels for crafted blasters:

o Quality - Crafting Requirements Premium Gathered resources and common items sold on vendors
o Prototype - Rare gathered resources and other valuable items
o Artifact - Rare resources (gathered or otherwise) and other valuable items – possibly acquired from other players.

Artifice – the delicate work of constructing Jedi and Sith artifacts
Biochem – The engineering of performance-enhancing chemical serums and biological implants

* Mission Skills include:

Diplomacy – The art of conducting and managing negotiations
Treasure Hunting – The ability to track down and recover valuable items by investigating a series of clues.

* Quote Richard Vogel: It will not be to the extent of some of the games out there, like [Star Wars] Galaxies. It will be very similar to what WoW has. - Massively
* Quote: We are going to have crafting, because that's a big part of MMOs. We're going to implement crafting in a way that 'feels' right for Star Wars. - Massively
* Quote: We’ve spent quite a bit of time discussing how to ensure that crafters – true dedicated crafters – can make a name for themselves and be important in their community. - Developer Blog

Thoughts? I for one like it so far.
Back to top Go down
Davinn
Secretary
Secretary
Davinn

PostSubject: Re: Crafting information   Crafting information I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Yea i like it to sounds cool. I like how it will actually take some time to become a high level crafter.
Back to top Go down
Cage
President
President
Cage

PostSubject: Re: Crafting information   Crafting information I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:27 pm

I think this means we can actually have a legitimate business. good job, VP
Back to top Go down
https://soator.forumotion.com
Jester
SoA Supporter
SoA Supporter
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Crafting information   Crafting information I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:19 pm

great intel Malecus.

clears up the business outlook for this club. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Malecus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Malecus

PostSubject: Re: Crafting information   Crafting information I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:38 am

Yeah we definitely will have a business now, should be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Davinn
Secretary
Secretary
Davinn

PostSubject: Re: Crafting information   Crafting information I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:59 pm

What type of crafting do you guys think youll be focusing on. I think ill be a Armstech
Back to top Go down
Cage
President
President
Cage

PostSubject: Re: Crafting information   Crafting information I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 pm

I think arms will be a big one for us
Back to top Go down
Davinn
Secretary
Secretary
Davinn

PostSubject: Re: Crafting information   Crafting information I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Yea it will be but i also think having 1-2 Armormech would be helpfull.
Back to top Go down
Cage
President
President
Cage

PostSubject: Re: Crafting information   Crafting information I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:47 pm

goes without sayin'
Back to top Go down
Smiley
V. President
V. President
Smiley

PostSubject: Re: Crafting information   Crafting information I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:13 pm

gimme da gunz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crafting information   Crafting information I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crafting information
Page 1 of 1