Sons of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sons of Anarchy

Home of the Sons of Anarchy, a brotherhood of hell-raisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Club Reaper! Home of the Sons of Anarchy: SWTOR. If you want to join the crew, register as a Hang-Around and jump into the Club. FEAR THE REAPER!

Blowing Off Some Steam

Go down 
+3
Malecus
Erebos
Jester
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jester
SoA Supporter
SoA Supporter
Jester

Blowing Off Some Steam Empty
PostSubject: Blowing Off Some Steam   Blowing Off Some Steam I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:34 am

Jester here!

I'm just posting this because I need to blow off some steam about recent events going on in my hometown. As you all know(hopefully) about the bullshit Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico which is effecting the coast of Louisiana. People here in New Orleans and all over Southern Louisiana are in an up-roar because BP (a.k.a. - British Pricks) aren't working fast enough to clean up the Oil and save our home!

They wait and do nothing. They don't care about where the oil is running ashore. All they give a fuck about is making money and they don't give a fuck what/who/where dies so they can make their money. Well, if they don't do anything fast, my HOME and the HOME of hundreds of thousands of other people will be GONE!!

Louisiana is where a very vast majority of delicious, high quality seafood comes from for the the United States, and it is one of our primary exports. This oil will and is wreaking havoc on our Seafood supply. At the current rate its going, we will lose a lot of our Oyster beds, killing vast quantities of Louisiana oysters, a staple of Seafood cuisine. Also, vast amounts of Shrimp and Crawfish will be effected and be lost! Shrimp and Crawfish are the most beloved of Seafood eateries in Louisiana and all around the world. Everyone knows that the BEST Seafood: Crawfish, Shrimp, Oysters, Fish, and Crabs come from Louisiana. If British Pricks get their way, this won’t last for much longer; putting many many many many Louisianians out of work and out of a way of life.

The government isn’t doing much to help either! Where is the National Guard?! Where is the cavalry!? Where are all the activists and actors and those who fly to where a crisis is and help!? I have a theory: The reason that there are no activists or people other than Louisianians willing to save their home, is because the spill is affecting Louisiana. Had this happened directly off the coast of Florida, Texas, or any state on the Eastern Shore people would flock in the thousands and there would be NO hesitation to get things cleaned up. But since it’s Louisiana and since we’re un-like anywhere else in the country and more special than anywhere else in the country, the government and agencies that can help decide not to. Why? That I don’t know but I’ll bet you it’s got something to do with Louisiana.

I just wanted to blow off some steam. If you guys have anything to add, feel free.
Back to top Go down
Erebos
SoA Supporter
SoA Supporter
Erebos

PostSubject: Re: Blowing Off Some Steam   Blowing Off Some Steam I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 2:01 am

I did not know that happened. dont watch the news much...or at all really but hopefully that gets cleaned up soon. RIGHT MEOW!
Back to top Go down
Malecus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Malecus

PostSubject: Re: Blowing Off Some Steam   Blowing Off Some Steam I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:33 am

I'm actually going to have to agree with you. I think a lot of it has to do with it simply being Louisiana. I adore the state, but when a lot of people see it they see a state covered in pollution and garbage. Not really a fair assessment. They don't see a state with deep history, a place with resilient citizens, and a rich culinary history.

Plus I'm going to be pissed if I can't order a fried oyster po boy at a local Cajun restaurant, yes run by actual Cajuns, the next time i go there.

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Cage
President
President
Cage

PostSubject: Re: Blowing Off Some Steam   Blowing Off Some Steam I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:41 am

Jester wrote:
Jester here!

The government isn’t doing much to help either! Where is the National Guard?! Where is the cavalry!? .

And what is the Guard gonna do? shoot at the oil spill? They sent the Coast Guard in from day 1, man. The Guard can't do anything about this unless it really fucks shit on LAND lol
Back to top Go down
https://soator.forumotion.com
Smiley
V. President
V. President
Smiley

PostSubject: Re: Blowing Off Some Steam   Blowing Off Some Steam I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:02 pm

I'd have to agree. I live in Pinellas County FL, so i know whats going on and they do have the coast guard there and the Army Corps of Engineers working on the problem. So don't give us that shit about its ONLY going to destroy Louisiana's beaches and economy, we're talking the entire Gulf of Mexico area.
Back to top Go down
Jester
SoA Supporter
SoA Supporter
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Blowing Off Some Steam   Blowing Off Some Steam I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:02 pm

and the only reported area of oil making landfall is on Louisiana's coast. and I'm not talking about destroying the beaches. Nobody comes to Louisiana for the beaches. They come to Louisiana for the cultural diversity that no other state has, and they come for the amazing food that can be found in NO other state. Louisiana is where close to HALF if not more of the Seafood in the US comes from. So, if you guys don't want to eat any more fresh Louisiana crawfish, shrimp, crabs, or oysters...then fine.

It's not about the beaches. its about the death of all the wildlife that will die and have been dying! It's about the death of a livelihood that people have ben living off of for generations, which is being threatened. That is what my post was about. Not beaches. And nobody can deny the disturbingly slow response by the government and really slow finger-pointing game by BP instead of stopping the leak.

If this had happened off of the coast of florida, Jex, more shit would be done and the oil leak may well have been stopped.
Back to top Go down
Syanus
Full-Patch
Full-Patch
Syanus

PostSubject: Re: Blowing Off Some Steam   Blowing Off Some Steam I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:32 am

With how much big oil cock the government sucks I doubt much would be done no matter where the oil spill happened =/

That sucks man... I had heard about the oil spill but didn't know how far it had spread.
Back to top Go down
leto
Prospect
Prospect
leto

PostSubject: Re: Blowing Off Some Steam   Blowing Off Some Steam I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:19 pm

>> While this doesn't affect me all that much, considering i don't eat seafood, or live in Louisiana, but the issue of thousands of people losing their lively hoods because some assfucks are doing nothing but sittin on their thumbs and waiting is insanely irritating, I may not like seafood but a metric shitton of people do. Ruining the production of seafood from one of the biggest providers in the US is like going up to the Alaskan crab spots and just dumping a few hundred gallons of nuclear runoff, everyone SHOULD be all up at arms, but of course they're not.

Tl;dr FUCKING RETARDS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blowing Off Some Steam   Blowing Off Some Steam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blowing Off Some Steam
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sons of Anarchy :: General Discussion :: Club Lounge-
Jump to: